1903 N Hwy 17 #102, Mt Pleasant, SC
Mon – Sat 10 am – 9 pm, Sun 12 – 6 pm
While the name of the store may imply a focus on the sport of triathlon, TrySports is a store for athletes of all sports. Service is the number one priority for this Carolina chain, which specializes in fitting running shoes, bicycles, and other athletic gear, such as yoga products and weightlifting equipment. All of the store’s employees are athletes of some type who share a passion for fitness and wellness. The company has a unique approach to gait analysis that involves five steps, including a comprehensive running/injury history, consideration of the runner’s workout routine, measurements, and video analysis. In addition to traditional running shoe brands, the store also carries Hoka and Altra as of January 2014. Their running shoe selection is truly impressive!
In addition to the large inventory for a wide variety of fitness disciplines, TrySports also has an extensive community outreach program that caters to all levels of athletes.
- The TrySports Run Club meets 5-6 times per week, including Tuesday mornings and evenings, Thursday mornings and evenings, and Saturday mornings. The runs are for all levels and are generally 3-6 miles in length.
- The Tuesday night group ride is held at 6 pm through spring, summer, and fall and meets at the store for a ride of approximately 20 miles.
- A group leaves on Sunday mornings at 8 am for a 20-50 mile bike ride organized by Low Country Cyclists.
- A group swim is held Monday mornings at 7 am at the MLK Jr. Pool (155 Jackson St, Charleston, SC 29403).
- Yoga classes are held every Wednesday at 8:30 am with rotating instructors and are free to the public.